Sunday, January 5, 2020

A New Year, A New Look

Welcome to the next chapter of WIPAPA 

As many of you know Wendie Thompson posted in March of 2019 the current state of WIPAPA. Calling for someone to help with some of the responsibilities was part of that letter. My name is Nathan Brandner. I answered that call. Some of you might know me, but for those of you who don't I will give you a brief introduction. 

I will fast forward from my days of coloring books, study of art at UW-Stevens Point, summer at the Florence Academy of Art and get to my plein air beginnings. My first hand at plein air was at the Academy of Fine Art under the skillful eye of the now nationally know Ken DeWaard. It would be another 4 years till I tried my first event. The rush of competition and the around the clock painting opened my eyes to the excitement of the plein air movement. WIPAPA was an essential part of helping me find events and becoming a part of the Plein Air community here in Wisconsin. I felt now was time to give back to an organization that had helped me get my bearings in the exciting world of plein air. Over the summer of 2019 I had taken up the task of updating the blog with events, winners and competition announcements while getting the know those who helped run the various competitions as well as the artists that participated. 

Moving Moving into 2020

Now with help of Wendie and a few others in our community I give you a new face for WIPAPA. The blog will continue to be an integral part of the organization but now a website has been added for giving back to our members (link below). For the first time in years we will have a members only show at Richeson Gallery and School of Art, this show will rotate its location through the years to come. Enjoy the new addition to WIPAPA and consider renewing your membership for the 2020 year.

Paint on!
Nathan Brandner


Email: wisconsinpapa@gmail for questions

No comments:

Post a Comment