Happy end of Summer to you all!
I hope you all had a fantastic summer full of plein air painting! I know I did! Although I must admit I am hungry for the first frost and the end to those pesky skeeters. I am beginning to see small signs of the trees changing! I can't wait to paint the autumn. Ok, all here's the news!:
1. Open paint on Sept. 25Th 8am to 1pm at Monches Farm rain or shine. I hope shine! (http://www.monchesfarm.com) We need to park way in the back parking lot. Hope to see you all there! FYI...you do not need to be a member to paint in the open paint so bring a friend!! BYO lunch and we will critique at 1pm.
2. Dues are due Oct 1st...$25 for the year.
3. We are about to begin the process of obtaining a NFP status, creating Corporate memberships and Patron Memberships...if you haven't been a member before this is definitely the time.
4. If you have a web presence (web site or blog) please e-mail or face book me the URL. I have begun to link them on the blog. (http://wipapa.blogspot.com)
5. There is also a plein air competition in Plymouth Sept. 30Th-Oct. 2ND. Details:
Entry fees are as follows: $30 for “Paint the Town” Thursday and Friday; $15 for Saturday, Quick Paint only; and $40 for both events.
The paint out will take place on Thursday, September 30th through Saturday, October 2nd. There will be certain areas within Plymouth that I will outline as the painting locations. Participating artists will check in on Thursday morning to have their canvases stamped and return them by Friday evening at 5 pm to be stamped completed. There will also be a Quick Paint on Saturday from 9 am-noon where artists will check in by 8:30 am and have until 1:00 pm to return their painting, framed, wired and ready to hang for display. All paintings, including those by the Thursday/Fridaypainters, need to be returned to the Plymouth Arts Center , framed and ready to hang, by 1:00 pm on Saturday. The exhibit will be hung Saturday afternoon. On Saturday evening, October 2, from 6-9 pm, we will present a gala opening party with wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, live music, dancing and a silent auction. A 30% commission on all sales will go to the Plymouth Arts Center .
There will be a total of $1,000.00 cash awards in addition to a Salon Exhibit for the three top winners. The awards in the professional category are: First Place , $250.00; Second Place , $150.00; Third Place $100.00 plus Salon Exhibit. Three Honorable Mentions and a Viewer’s Choice Award of $50.00 each. Non professional painters will receive $150, $100, and $50 respectively.
Paula Swaydan Grebel, who was one of the three judges for the 2010 Cedarburg Plein Air Event, and I will be co-judging the paintings.
I sincerely hope to have a great turnout for this event. Many of the artists in your Guild have shown their work in Gallery 110 North at the PAC and some have won awards. To band together as a group and be a part of this fund raiser will be a way of giving back and help to insure the future expansion of the Plymouth Arts Center and Gallery 110 North!
Please list me as the contact person to receive a registration form and more information. My studio phone number is (920) 467-9063; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
With sincere thanks for any way that you can promote this event!
Kitty Lynne Klich