Monday, June 15, 2009


Lot's of important news here so read carefully! 1. CEDARBURG! So looking forward to seeing you all in Cedarburg this week. Hopefully I will be there Thurs, Friday Saturday, Monday, Tuesday evening and maybe Wednesday morning. Remember , Tuesday evening the 26th at 6:30 we will meet for critique at Artists World...W62N588 Washington Ave, Cedarburg, WI 53012...262-375-1670. Bring the paintings that you have done so far and we will talk about what to submit and strengthen. I don't know about you but I am always frustrated in picking out what to enter in competition. I normally gravitate to Fiddleheads when needing a break or a good cup of coffee. We can meet for lunch at noon each day if you like! (my cell phone 414-305-3286)Saturday the 27th , which is our normal painting day we will meet near the river behind the Cultural Center at 8AM. If you have never been to Strawberry days It is packed with thousands of people so you will want to get there early to park! A lot of us will be doing the quick paint. If you are, I recommend finding what you want to paint...setting up and THEN register, as this is the quickest quick paint I know! If you don't wish to compete that's OK...you can still come and paint with us and stay for the awards ceremony and the close of the silent auction...always a great time!


2. LAKE MILLS! Karen Goeschko from the Wisconsin Arts board has invited us to have a paint day at the Lake Mills Art Festival on JULY 18TH (http://www.lakemillsmainstreet.org/lmaf/artindex.html) She asks if the painters might be willing to finish their work by 2:30 and have it be part of a silent auction for the last hour of the festival, with 10% of the proceeds going to the festival and the rest to the artists? I have never been to this event but I do know that Lake Mills is a really beautiful place! I am planning to attend ...I'll probably get there by 8AM. Will you let me know if you will be coming too? FYI...you are also free to sell the work off your easels.


3. OCONOMOWOC! Early Bird Deadline for Oconomowoc JUNE 30TH!! You can sign up online at http://www.griffingalleryfineartllc.com.%20also/ Also, as Mid Summers Brush approaches we are looking for some help with intake of art (Thurs. July 30th) and runners for the silent auction (Friday July 31st). Please let my know if you are willing to help!


4. WAUWATOSA! The newest event to the community...See details at on the side bar of this blog.


5. Mondays at Old World Wisconsin are free admittance. I painted there today and really had a great time. Thinking about making it a regular Monday activity....want to come? Remember to check the blog on an ongoing basis as I will post stuff there first.Wendie

No comments:

Post a Comment